Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer are a delicious and easy side dish that can be enjoyed with any meal. With the rise of air fryers, cooking frozen foods has become even more convenient and healthier.
Air fryers use hot air to cook food, requiring little to no oil for crispy results. We will show you how to make perfect frozen sweet potato fries in your air fryer. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a tasty side dish, these fries will satisfy your cravings without the guilt of traditional deep-fried options.
Why Make Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
Sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to regular french fries because they contain more vitamins and minerals than traditional potatoes. They are also high in fiber, which helps keep you full for longer periods.
When you make sweet potato fries in the air fryer, you reduce the amount of oil needed for cooking compared to deep-frying. Air frying uses hot air circulation to cook food evenly while producing crispy results with little or no added oil.
Air frying also reduces the risk of exposing yourself to harmful chemicals that come from overheating oils during deep-frying.
Using an air fryer is convenient and saves time. You don’t need to preheat your oven or wait for it to heat up before cooking. The air fryer heats up quickly and cooks food faster than conventional ovens.
Finally, making sweet potato fries in the air fryer is fun and easy! You can experiment with different spices and seasonings to create new flavors that your family will love. Plus, clean-up is a breeze since there’s no greasy mess left behind like when using a deep fryer.
Using An Air Fryer
If you do not have an air fryer yet then I encourage you to look online on Amazon and read reviews. I purchased the Air Fryer made by Instapot and I love it.
If you are looking for a budget friendly air fryer then check out my blog post on The Best Air Fryers Under $100.
I have also become a huge fan of using Air Fryer Liners. They cover the bottom of the air fryer basket and food is placed directly onto them. When the food cooks it catches the grease and makes clean up a breeze. If you are looking for more ideas check out my blog post on Air Fryer Accessories.
Air Fryer Liners come in two forms
How To Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
When it comes to making frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer I like to use the basics which is a bag of frozen sweet potato fries and some Avocado Oil Spray.
Lightly spraying oil on the sweet potato fries will help to crisp them up during cooking.
I prefer to use Avocado oil over other oils in the Air Fryer because it has a higher smoke point. This allows it to be used in the air fryer without smoking up my kitchen which is important to me.
When it comes to adding some oil to the sweet potatoes I like to use the bag that the sweet potato fries come in. This is a great way to reduce prep time and clean up.
I will cut the top off of the bag and spray a few times into the bag and holding it closed shake it up.
I will repeat the process another time being sure to hold the bag closed when I am shaking it.
One of the key tips to getting crispy sweet potato fries is to not over fill the air fryer basket. In order to avoid this I will cook half of the bag at a time.
Preheating the air fryer to 400 prior to cooking is key to crispy sweet potato fries.
Most brands of frozen sweet potato fries require anywhere from 12-15 minutes at 400°F to cook in an air fryer. But, this can vary depending on the size of the fries and how many you’re cooking at once.
I like to check on the fries halfway through cooking and move them around in the basket. This helps to ensure even cooking and crispiness. If needed, add another minute or two of cooking until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
I love my sweet potato fries to be extra crispy so I cook them the whole 15 minutes.
Tips For Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air fryer frozen sweet potato fries are a quick and easy snack or side dish that can be made in just minutes. Here are some tips for making the perfect batch of air fryer sweet potato fries:
- Preheat your air fryer: It’s important to preheat your air fryer before cooking the fries to ensure they cook evenly and get crispy. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5-10 minutes before adding the fries.
- Do not overcrowd the basket: Overcrowding the basket can lead to uneven cooking, so it’s best to cook the fries in batches if necessary. Make sure there is enough space between each fry for hot air to circulate around them.
- Shake or flip halfway through: To ensure even cooking on all sides, shake or flip the fries halfway through cooking time. This will help prevent any burnt or undercooked spots.
- Seasoning is key: Sweet potato fries taste great with a variety of seasonings such as paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt. Experiment with different spices until you find your favorite flavor combination.
- Serve immediately: Sweet potato fries are best served hot and crispy straight out of the air fryer! If you need to hold them for a few minutes before serving, keep them warm in a low-temperature oven (around 200°F) until ready to serve.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create delicious and crispy sweet potato fries every time using your air fryer!
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s The Benefit Of Air Frying Sweet Potato Fries?
Air frying sweet potato fries is an excellent way to enjoy a tasty and healthy snack without the guilt associated with traditional deep-fried fries. Sweet potatoes are naturally rich in nutrients, including fiber, vitamin A, and potassium. However, when cooked using traditional methods such as deep-frying or baking in oil, they can become high in calories and unhealthy fats.
Here are some benefits of making sweet potato fries in the air fryer:
- Lower Fat Content: Air frying sweet potato fries requires only a small amount of oil compared to deep-frying. This means that your sweet potato fries will have considerably fewer calories while still being crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Healthier Option: Sweet potatoes contain several vitamins and minerals essential for good health, including beta-carotene, which can help protect against cancer, heart disease, and other chronic illnesses.
- Quick & Easy: Air frying is fast and easy; you don’t need to preheat the oven or wait for it to cool down after cooking – this makes air fryers perfect for making small batches of sweet potato fries quickly.
- Versatile: You can season your sweet potato fries in an air fryer any way you like – from classic sea salt seasoning to spicy Cajun or garlic parmesan – making them versatile enough for any occasion.
- Delicious Taste: Air frying gives you perfectly crisp yet tender sweet potato fries that taste amazing! The hot circulating air cooks the outside evenly while keeping the inside moist and tender.
What Temperature Should I Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries?
When it comes to air frying frozen sweet potato fries, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First and foremost, you need to preheat your air fryer to ensure even cooking. This step is crucial because if you don’t preheat your air fryer, your air fryer sweet potato fries will end up soggy and undercooked.
Once your air fryer is preheated (usually around 400°F), place your frozen sweet potato fries in the basket in a single layer. Be sure not to overcrowd the basket as this can also lead to uneven cooking.
Now for the important part – how long should you cook them? Generally speaking, most brands of frozen sweet potato fries take anywhere from 12-15 minutes at 400°F in an air fryer. However, this can vary depending on several factors such as the size of the fries and how many you’re cooking at once.
To make sure they’re cooked through and crispy, simply check their progress halfway through by shaking the basket or flipping them over with tongs. If needed, add another minute or two until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
In conclusion, when air frying frozen sweet potato fries:
1) Preheat your air fryer
2) Place them in a single layer without overcrowding
3) Cook at 400°F for approximately 12-15 minutes
4) Check halfway through and adjust time or temperature as needed
Why Wont My Sweet Potato Fries Get Crispy?
If you have ever tried to make air fryer sweet potato fries and ended up with soggy or limp results, you are not alone. Many people struggle to achieve the perfect crispiness when baking frozen sweet potato fries. Here are some common reasons why your fries may not be getting crispy and what you can do about it.
- You’re Not Preheating Your Oven: One of the most important steps in achieving crispy sweet potato fries is preheating your Air Fryer Oven. If you don’t preheat your oven, the fries will start cooking at a lower temperature, which can lead to uneven cooking and sogginess. Make sure to preheat your Air Fryer Oven to at least 400°F before putting in the fries.
- You’re Crowding Them During Cooking: Another common mistake when making sweet potato fries is overcrowding them. When too many fries are placed close together, they release moisture as they cook, which can result in soggy and soft spots on the potatoes. To avoid this issue, spread out the frozen sweet potato fries evenly on a single layer.
- You’re Using Too Much Oil: While oil is necessary for achieving crispy edges on your sweet potato fries, using too much oil can cause them to become greasy instead of crunchy. Try using just enough oil to coat each fry lightly but thoroughly.
- You’re Not Flipping Them Enough: To ensure that all sides of the sweet potato fries get crispy during cooking, flip them over halfway through baking time with tongs or a spatula.
How Do I Reheat Sweet Potato Fries?
What do you do with your leftover air fryer sweet potato fries? Reheating them can be tricky, as they can easily become soggy or lose their crispiness. Here are some tips on how to reheat sweet potato fries:
- Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spread the sweet potato fries in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for 5-7 minutes until crispy and hot.
- Air Fryer Method: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Place the air fryer sweet potato fries in the basket of the air fryer and cook for 3-4 minutes until crispy and hot.
- Microwave Method: Place the sweet potato fries on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 20-30 seconds at high power, checking frequently to avoid overcooking.
- Stovetop Method: Heat up some oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato fries, stirring occasionally, until heated through and crispy.
No matter which method you choose, make sure not to overcrowd the pan or basket as this will cause them to steam instead of crisping up! Enjoy your reheated sweet potato fries alongside your favorite dipping sauce for an easy snack or side dish any time of day!
Dipping Sauces To Use With Sweet Potato Fries
Are you looking for the perfect dipping sauce to pair with your frozen sweet potato fries? Look no further! Here are five delicious options to try:
- Sriracha Mayo: Mix together equal parts sriracha and mayonnaise for a spicy and creamy dip to dip your air fryer sweet potato fries in.
- Honey Mustard: Combine honey, Dijon mustard, and a dash of vinegar for a sweet and tangy sauce.
- Garlic Aioli: Whisk together minced garlic, lemon juice, egg yolks, and olive oil until smooth for a rich and garlicky dip.
- Chipotle Ranch: Blend ranch dressing with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for a smoky and flavorful sauce.
- Maple Cinnamon Butter: Melt butter in a saucepan with maple syrup and cinnamon for a sweet treat that tastes like fall.
No matter which dipping sauce you choose, these frozen sweet potato fries will be elevated to new heights of flavor!
What To Serve With Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer?
If you have an air fryer, then you can easily prepare frozen sweet potato fries in no time. However, what should you serve with them? Here are some ideas:
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer are a great option. But what to serve with them? Here are some main dish ideas that pair well with sweet potato fries:
- Meatloaf: A simple meatloaf that is sweet and tangy is a perfect option to have with frozen sweet potato fries. The smoky flavor of the sauce pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the fries.
- Burgers Made In The Air Fryer: Whether it’s beef, turkey, or veggie burgers, they all go great with sweet potato fries. Add some cheese, lettuce, tomato, and your favorite condiments for a classic burger meal.
- Fish Tacos: Sweet potato fries make a perfect side dish for fish tacos. Serve up some grilled or fried fish in tortillas with cabbage slaw and avocado crema for a fresh and flavorful meal.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken: For a hearty and satisfying meal, try serving sweet potato fries alongside Bacon Wrapped Chicken. The sweetness of the fries complements the tangy BBQ sauce perfectly.
- Veggie Stir-Fry: If you’re looking for something vegetarian or vegan-friendly, try pairing your sweet potato fries with a vegetable stir-fry. Sautee your favorite veggies like bell peppers, onions, broccoli florets in oil until tender-crisp then add tofu or tempeh if desired.
Other Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Bag Frozen Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Container of Cooking Spray I prefer Avocado Oil
- When it comes to making frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer I like to use the basics which is a bag of frozen sweet potato fries and some Avocado Oil Spray.Lightly spraying oil on the sweet potato fries will help to crisp them up during cooking. I prefer to use Avocado oil over other oils in the Air Fryer because it has a higher smoke point. This allows it to be used in the air fryer without smoking up my kitchen which is important to me.
- When it comes to adding some oil to the sweet potatoes I like to use the bag that the sweet potato fries come in. This is a great way to reduce prep time and clean up.I will cut the top off of the bag and spray a few times into the bag and holding it closed shake it up. I will repeat the process another time being sure to hold the bag closed when I am shaking it.
- One of the key tips to getting crispy sweet potato fries is to not over fill the air fryer basket. In order to avoid this I will cook half of the bag at a time.Preheating the air fryer to 400 prior to cooking is key to crispy sweet potato fries.Most brands of frozen sweet potato fries require anywhere from 12-15 minutes at 400°F to cook in an air fryer. But, this can vary depending on the size of the fries and how many you're cooking at once.I like to check on the fries halfway through cooking and move them around in the basket. This helps to ensure even cooking and crispiness. If needed, add another minute or two of cooking until they reach your desired level of crispiness.I love my sweet potato fries to be extra crispy so I cook them the whole 15 minutes.