Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
Taking that frozen hamburger patty to the next level is easier than ever with this recipe for Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer. Quick and easy to make and full of flavor. All of the taste of a grilled burger in half the time.
Hamburgers are a feel good food that are an all year treat and indulgence. When the weather is not ideal for outdoor grilling using an air fryer is the perfect option.
The fact that frozen hamburger patties can be used to make a quick and easy meal in the air fryer makes my inner foodie very happy.
Why Make Frozen Burgers In The Air Fryer
Frozen burgers are a quick and easy meal option for busy weeknights or impromptu backyard barbecues. But cooking them in a traditional skillet or on the grill can sometimes result in uneven cooking, burnt edges, or a dried-out center. That’s where the air fryer comes in – it offers a fast and convenient way to cook frozen burgers that are juicy and evenly cooked every time.
Here are some reasons why making frozen burgers in the air fryer is worth trying:
- Saves Time: Frozen burger patties take only minutes to cook in an air fryer compared to traditional methods such as grilling or pan-frying. This means you can have dinner ready faster without sacrificing taste or quality.
- Healthier Option: Air frying uses little to no oil which makes it a healthier cooking method compared to deep frying. The result is crispy, tender burgers with fewer calories and less fat.
- Even Cooking: The hot circulating air inside an air fryer ensures even cooking of your frozen burger patties from all sides resulting in perfectly cooked burgers every time.
- Less Mess: Cooking frozen burgers on stovetop can be messy with grease splatters everywhere but using an air fryer eliminates this issue altogether.
- Versatile: Air fryers are incredibly versatile appliances that can also be used for other food items such as chicken wings, fries, onion rings and more!
So if you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious way to make your favorite frozen burger patties at home, try using your air fryer oven today!
Using an Air Fryer
If you do not have an air fryer yet then I encourage you to look online on Amazon and read reviews. I purchased the Air Fryer made by Instapot and I love it.
When it comes to making frozen burgers in the air fryer it is so easy to do that I can’t imagine cooking them another way.
The best thing about air fryers is that they come in various sizes. You can purchase one for a single user or one large enough for an entire family meal.
Because this is a small convection oven it uses hot air to cook the food. When loading the basket do not crowd food. Doing so will prevent it from cooking properly.
How to Stop Your Air Fryer From Smoking
Food is placed onto the basket and the grease drips down into the bottom of the tray. This creates a much more healthy meal.
When cooking with a high grease food such as bacon or beef the grease on the bottom can begin to smoke.
Tips to avoid that are to add a few tablespoons of water to the bottom of the tray.
Some people like to add a few pieces of bread to absorb the grease.
I have also become a huge fan of using Air Fryer Liners. They cover the bottom of the air fryer basket and food is placed directly onto them. When the food cooks it catches the grease and makes clean up a breeze.
Ingredients To Make Frozen Burgers In The Air Fryer
- 2 Frozen Hamburger Patties
- 2 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Strips of Cooked Bacon to place on hamburger when cooked
- 2 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt to season the burger
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper to season the burger
Do You need To Thaw Frozen Hamburger Patties Before Air Frying?
If you own an air fryer and are planning to cook frozen hamburger patties in it, the question of whether or not to thaw them first might pop up. While some cooking methods require defrosting beforehand, the good news is that air frying frozen hamburger patties is possible without thawing them.
The fact that air fryers work by circulating hot air around food means they can easily cook frozen foods too. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when cooking frozen burger patties in an air fryer:
- Adjust Cooking Time: Since frozen patties take longer to cook than fresh ones, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Depending on your model of air fryer, you may need to add 3-5 minutes of extra cooking time per side.
- Season Beforehand: To ensure that your burgers have enough flavor, make sure to season them before you place them in the air fryer. You can use any seasoning or spice blend of your choice.
- Preheat The Air Fryer: As with any other cooking method, preheating your air fryer before adding the food is essential for even and consistent results.
- Check For Doneness: Always check for doneness before serving your burgers as different models of air fryers may vary regarding temperature settings and timing.
- Use A Meat Thermometer: To ensure safety, always use a meat thermometer and check if the internal temperature has reached at least 160°F (71°C) before serving.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Hamburgers In An Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to cook frozen burgers, using an air fryer is a great option. Air fryers are known for their speed and ability to cook food evenly, making them perfect for cooking frozen burgers. In this article, we’ll go over how long to cook frozen burgers in an air fryer.
First off, it’s important to note that not all air fryers are created equal. The cooking time may vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer. However, the following guidelines should give you a rough estimate of how long it would take to cook your frozen burger patty in an air fryer.
Preheat the Air Fryer
Before cooking your burger patties, preheat your air fryer by setting the temperature to 400°F or 200°C. Allow the unit to heat up for about five minutes before placing your burger patties inside.
The recommended cooking time for frozen burger patties in an air fryer is around 15-20 minutes. However, as mentioned earlier, different models of air fryers may have slightly different cooking times.
As a general rule of thumb:
For thin/regular-sized patty: Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 10-12 minutes
For thick/large-sized patty: Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes
Remember that you don’t want to overcrowd the basket with too many patties; otherwise, they won’t cook evenly.
Air fryers are like other ovens and each one cooks a bit differently based on the size and wattage. I have a 1700 wt. Air fryer. When I cook two frozen hamburger patties I will cook them for 12 minutes at 375 degrees F/ 190 Degrees C.
I prefer my hamburger patties to be well done and cooked through and find that amount of time is perfect.
Should I Season My Frozen Hamburger Patty
Seasonings are quit literally the flavor of life. They bring out the natural flavors within the meat and make the meal all that more enjoyable. When it comes to cooking a frozen burger in the air fryer remember that they are generally not seasoned ahead of time.
At the very least adding salt and pepper to the is a must to bring out that natural flavor. Garlic salt and pepper are my go to seasonings for frozen hamburger patties.
Other seasoning options include:
I am a huge fan of being creative in the kitchen and I encourage you to do the same. Whether it is in the seasoning that you choose for these frozen hamburgers. Or in the toppings that you place onto your hamburger choose to make a meal that you will enjoy.
What about Frozen Turkey or Veggie Burgers
Yes! You can certainly make both frozen turkey and veggie-burgers with ease using an Air Fryer! With its rapid air circulation, the air fryer is perfect for cooking up crispy and delicious turkey or veggie burgers in just minutes.
To make frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer, simply preheat your air fryer to 375°F. Place the frozen patties in the basket of your air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Check that they are cooked thoroughly before serving.
If you prefer veggie burgers, you can also use your air fryer to cook them from frozen. Follow the same steps as above, but reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. Veggie burgers tend to cook faster than meat-based ones, so keep an eye on them while they’re cooking to avoid burning.
One great thing about using an air fryer for burger-making is that it allows you to have a healthier version of this classic meal. By eliminating oil and grease used in traditional frying methods, an air-fried burger has significantly less fat content without sacrificing taste or texture.
Should I Line My Air Fryer With Aluminum Foil?
While lining your air fryer with aluminum foil may seem like a good idea, it is generally not recommended. Here’s why:
- It can affect the cooking process: Aluminum foil can block the hot air from circulating properly, which can lead to uneven cooking or even burning of your food.
- It can be dangerous: If the aluminum foil is not secured properly or if it touches the heating element of your air fryer, it can cause a fire hazard.
- It can damage your air fryer: The heat from your air fryer may cause the aluminum foil to melt onto the heating element or basket, which can be difficult to clean and damage your appliance.
Instead of using aluminum foil in your air fryer, consider other options such as parchment paper or silicone mats specifically designed for use in an air fryer. These alternatives will allow proper airflow while still protecting your food from sticking and making cleanup easier.
In conclusion, while it may seem like a good idea to line your air fryer with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, it is generally not recommended due to potential risks and complications that could arise. Stick with alternative options that are safe and effective for cooking delicious meals in your air fryer!
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Frozen Burgers In Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 Frozen Hamburger Patties
- 2 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Strips of Cooked Bacon
- 2 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Place two frozen hamburger patties into the air fryer.Season the burgers with the garlic salt and pepper. Add any steak seasoning or your favorite seasoning at this point.
- Cook the air fryer burgers at 375 degrees F. Or 190 Degrees C.Cook the burger patties for 10-12 minutes flipping at half way through to ensure even cooking.
- If you wish to add cheese add it when the burgers are cooked through completely.Place the cheese onto the cooked patty and put it back into the air fryer for 30-45 seconds melting the cheese.
- And the cooked burger patty to the bun and add your favorite toppings.Time to enjoy!